to the vet we go

So I've been feeling a little lost outside of the caretaker role and yesterday I considered just rolling through the Walgreens' drive-thru to say hello.  Maybe swinging into a waiting room for a bit to peruse five year old magazines. 

This morning I awoke at 1:30 AM to the sound, and smell, of a sick puppy.  Again.  Brody was sick in the wee hours of the morning on Sunday too.  He acts like he feels fine but is having continued tummy trouble so off to the vet we went and we waited.  And waited.  He is a completely adorable, loveable, sweet baby boy who took the opportunity to steal the hearts of everyone there.  Mr. 1inamillion always chatted up and made friends with the receptionists, too.  I was feeling quite at home, but after 45 minutes I asked one of the girls if they were just back there doing rock, paper, scissors to determine who has to deal with me.  She assured me they were just busy with surgeries and that she'd get one of them up in there in just a few minutes which she did. 

Brody of course won the losing vet over as soon as he came in.  I was really fearing parvo, but he didn't think that is the case as Brodilicious still looks and acts like he feels well.  I explained anyway that we can't do parvo.  We just lost our boxer and my husband just died so we can't have parvo.  He agreed that no, we can't have parvo and assured me he didn't think that's the case, silently cursing his choice of scissors.  He thought it was a common parasite (I'll call for test results in the morning) and then proceeded to make certain we covered all our bases to get the boy better.  We left there with four prescriptions and a new bag of food that's supposed to be gentle on tender tummies. 

So now I am dishing out medicine to a dog (3 pills two times a day and a liquid medicine once a day) and sadly feeling a bit more normal.  Of course I do know it's my normal, not normal normal.  And I know that it's my previous normal at that.  And I know I'll find the new one eventually.


He's stinkin' cute, huh?!


No comments:

Post a Comment