Since my last post...


  • We spent a couple of weeks medicating MC three times a day. He has grown to be Mighty Cat, attempting to play with the boxer and pounce on Dane. He still has a crazy eye with a bit of an ulcer but he is definitely on the mend and healthy enough for a new home. I have been told by people who like cats that he is a very pretty cat. (Someone please take him.)


  • We traveled to east Texas for a long overdue visit with family. Thing 1 and Thing 2 got to see Grandma for the first time in four years. They were able to get to know more cousins and their uncle and aunt. They saw a poisonous snake, a centipede, a scorpion and Lucy fed a bear fruit snacks. I managed to run against the east Texas humidity and my allergy to pine trees. Mr. 1inamillion got to fish with his brother. It was a trip we will all cherish.


  • They've added a kidney specialist to Dane's team, to help with the damage chemo has caused. The hope is for him regain kidney function so he can safely return to the previous chemo regimen if needed. A reduction in one medication and a low sodium diet have been ordered. Adventures in low sodium dining have brought new challenges. We’ve had to let go of the Church Lady suppers and many of the convenience foods to which we have been accustom. Needless to say, it's a struggle for a meat eater from the south and his tired wife.

  • We’ve found a house and are moving to Mulvane. The kids have started their new schools and we have started packing. We are getting up early to drive to our 'new' home town and I’m conquering their insane drop-offs and pick-ups at two different schools, missing the ease of standing on the porch with a cup of coffee while watching them walk together across the street to the same school.


Mr. 1inamillion has chemo tomorrow. Movers arrive on Saturday. I am terribly behind on work projects and there is still a lot of packing to be done.


There is little time and an even smaller amount of brain power to write anything funny or meaningful but I am taking this moment to breath deep and share the following.

Little Hercules is a song by Tricia Yearwood that has comforted me for many years when I am overwhelmed by mostly self-inflicted pressures. I shared it with my sister long ago and she gave it back to me yesterday via this link. Enjoy it.


1 comment:

  1. I love that Trisha Yearwood song too. I believe it was Shelly that brought it to my attention too many years ago!

    ReplyDelete