But Wait! There's More!

Yesterday I am working in my basement office when Dane lets out a stressful yell, “We need your presence upstairs, please!” I run up the stairs to where they are, in the bathroom, and learn that Thing 1 has peed blood.

At that moment I honestly hear in my head the late great pitch-man Billy Mays, “But Wait! There’s more!”

You have carpal tunnel syndrome. But wait! There’s more!
With that, you also get fibromyalgia. But wait! There’s more!
Hubby gets tumors number 2 and 3. But wait! There’s more!
You also get a fabulously flooded basement. We’re not done yet. With this exclusive offer you also receive……
Tumor number 4 for Hubby. But wait! There’s more!
Thing 2 swallows a battery. And that’s not all!
Leaking pipes. Another flood in the basement! But wait! There’s more!
Hubby gets tumors 5, 6, and 7. But wait! There’s more!
Thing 1 has something new and mysterious with his kidneys!

Seriously?!

…..We are seen quickly in the emergency room and they find nothing alarmingly wrong so we are sent home. We saw a new pediatrician today who reiterates most of the tests looks great but he is concerned with the ultrasound completed, as Gabe’s kidneys are enlarged and his bladder isn’t completely emptying. Another not so fun test is to be had on Friday by Thing 1. After that, we will hopefully get our marching orders on what comes next.


Please Lord,
Can you please send angel Billy Mays packing? I’m calling You now, I’m not holding out for any additional bonus offers there may be. Oh, and what are my options for express shipping? Mr.1inamillion starts chemo May 3rd so delivery on a solution for Thing 1’s kidneys is wanted before then.
Thank you,
AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment